700 S. Magnolia Ave, Waynesboro, VA 22980
This beautiful 85-acre park is located at the south end of Magnolia Avenue, where benches line the bank of the South River that zigzags through the park. This park is open from sunrise to sunset and offers something for every visitor. Ridgeview Park is sure to delight every visitor, from family-fun recreational areas to beautiful settings for picnics. This park homes several gardens and multiple nature trails.
Ridgeview Park has restroom facilities (at the Pool Pump building and the Amphitheater building) and many different facilities available:
- Ball Fields: This park is home to athletic fields like Babe Ruth, Little League, and Farm League baseball.
- Fishing Pier: This fishing pier has great opportunities like catfish, bass, bluegill, perch, and even trout. While fishing can be done anywhere song the river, this park offers a handicap-accessible fishing pier.
- Playground: Located along the bike path and the river, this creative playground provides fun for children all year round. It has two equipment sets and benches for caregivers.
- Pickleball Courts: 4 pickleball courts are located along the tennis courts at the park.
- Tennis Courts: These reconstructed courts were completed in 2008 with the help of the United States Tennis Association. These courts are frequently used for league play and lessons, but they’re also available on a first-come.
- Soccer Fields: These fields are located along the river at the park. Upon crossing the bridge, you can find the three soccer fields. These fields are used mainly for the Augusta Futbol Club and to support Waynesboro’s numerous traveling soccer teams.
- Serenity Garden: This one-acre knoll is located at Ridgeview Park’s south entrance. A walkway leads you through an array of brightly colored flowers, low-growing shrubs, and beautiful scenery.
- War Memorial Pool: This 50-meter pool and bathhouse offer a fantastic opportunity for all family members to cool off from Memorial Day to Mid August.
- Amphitheater: This site offers electricity services, unlimited seating, restrooms, and water by reservation from April to October.
- Woodland Shelter: This is the biggest picnic shelter in the park. It is located in the middle of Ridgeview, along the bike path. This shelter can house around seven picnic tables and has a grill, electricity, water, and restrooms nearby. The Woodland Shelter is surrounded by beautiful plants that provide an abundance of textures and colors to the setting.
- River Shelter: Located next to the South River, you can find the peaceful River Shelter that’s handicap accessible and provides easy mobility areas. This shelter houses around four picnic tables, a double charcoal grill, and access to the restrooms and water by the pool